Basic wholemeal Bread Loaf Recipe for Your Bread Maker
There is nothing better than a piece of homemade bread. It is relatively easy to do and can be baked in your bread maker. The following recipe serves 12 people.
- Warm water approximately 45 degrees Celsius 180 mL.
- Two tablespoons of vegetable oil.
- Two tablespoons of sugar.
- One teaspoon of salt.
- Bread flour 135g
- Wholemeal flour 120g.
- One teaspoon of quick yeast.
Now keep in mind that the measurements will be different based on the size of your loaf of bread. If you want to make a smaller loaf of approximately 500g, use the recipe above. If you want a slightly larger loaf of bread, you can use the recipe below.
For a 750g loaf:
- Warm water 330mL.
- One tablespoon of vegetable oil.
- Five tablespoons of skimmed milk powder.
- One tablespoon of sugar.
- Wholemeal bread flour 450g.
- Dried yeast 1-1/2 teaspoons.
After you have gathered all of your ingredients, you are ready prepare the bread of baking. The prep time is 10 minutes, cooking time is 3 hours.
- Place your ingredients into the pain of your bread machine in the recommended order by the manufacturer.
- Be sure to select Wholemeal cycle and the regular bake time; press the start button.
- After five minutes has passed, take a peek to see how the dough is kneading as it may need one tablespoon of water or one tablespoon of flour, depending on its consistency.
- After 3 hours, your homemade bread should be done.
- Allow it to cool on a wire rack before cutting.
- The crispy crunch of freshly-baked whole wheat bread will award you kudos from your family.
This recipe is perfect for sandwiches of your favorite toppings or simply warm with butter and jam. The beauty of this recipe is that you only need to combine the ingredients and your bread machine does the work! You can sit back with your feet and relax. The hardest part will be waiting for the bread to be finished so you can have a slice!